Integrate Industrial Automation
Deploy an Ethernet and IP-based infrastructure for Industrial Automation Control Systems. (PDF - 18.7 MB)
Design Guidance for Connected Factory and Plantwide Ethernet
The Converged Plantwide Ethernet (CPwE) Design and Implementation Guide provides an Ethernet and IP-networking based architecture for industrial Ethernet applications. CPwE applies to multiple industries. It specifically helps manufacturers seeking to integrate or upgrade their Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) networks to standard Ethernet and IP networking technologies.
These manufacturers are interested in:
- Globalizing operations through IT integration with their IACS networks
- Reducing mean-time-to-repair and increasing overall equipment effectiveness
- Lowering the total cost of ownership of their current IACS network approach
- Mitigating risks by improving network uptime and equipment availability with superior security
- Reducing costs and improving asset utilization
This guide represents a collaborative development effort from Cisco Systems and Rockwell Automation. It is built on, and adds to, design guidelines from the Cisco Ethernet-to-the-Factory solution and the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture.